Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Griffiths Valuation
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:18:12 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/2008 12:24:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

Maureen~
Great site. Passed it on to Mayo and Cleveland Irish list.

Mary Ellen Chambers

The website address is:
_http://staging.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_intro.php_
(http://staging.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_intro.php)

This is also a great source of current day Ireland maps showing the
placenames from Griffiths. I have been playng with all the options. If you search
by placename, you will get a response page offering the Griffiths page for
that placename, a Griffiths era map of the area showing where the plot of land
was, and a current day map with the placename. I have been so confused in the
past as to exactly where my ancestors were (PLU, Barony, Civil Parish, RC
parish, placename, etc., etc). I now know exactly where they lived - in terms
of current day Ireland - a wonderful feature.

Maureen N

favorites at AOL Food.