Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago History Museum
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:53:49 EDT

The Chicago Genealogical Society (CGS) is holding their May meeting at the
Chicago History Museum. Here's a quote from their newsletter:

"3 May 2008 - 12 Noon - Chicago History Museum- We will be meeting at 1601
N. Clark Street in Chicago. Lesley Martin of the Family History Center
Research Department at the museum will speak on sources that can be used for
research at this wonderful museum. After the meeting, you are welcome to
investigate on your own. Public parking is located one block north of the museum at
Clark and LaSalle Streets; enter on Stockton Drive. Check out the museum's
website _www.chicagohs_ (http://www.chicagohs) .org."

In addition, Gay Sven of CGS advised me:

"Your email was received by CGS and we checked with the Chicago History
Museum regarding capacity.
The lecture room has 60 seats, the activities after the lecture in the
research center has room for 35 but
I do not believe that will be a negative thing. The researchers have worked
out a first come first serve
method of giving everyone a chance at a space, but I truly don't believe
that anyone will come away bored."

"I have guesstimated that we will have 35 -45 attendees including your group
of 20. There is another
research center besides the main genealogy one that houses blueprints and
info on architecture of
Chicago Buildings on site. The history museum houses a great gift shop with
interesting Chicago History, and restaurant & coffee kiosk. I don't know
the hours of the restaurant and may require a reservation."

"There will be a $5 fee if you are not a Chicago History Museum member.
This fee is collected by the
museum. You can also obtain a membership to the museum on premise instead
of paying the fee."

"We are looking forward to a great day at the museum and would very much
enjoy your attendance."

Non-CGS members will be welcome. I agreed to take RSVPs so she can have a
guesstimate of how many will be attending. She is requesting this quesstimate
by Friday morning, May 2. Therefore, anyone who can & plans to come, please
let me know by May 2 at 12:00 AM (midnight).

I will not be able to attend because it's my wedding anniversary. Donna

listings at AOL Autos.