Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Old Bailey Onlins searchable database
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:18:46 EDT

I just became aware from another Irish geneo list of information that has
recently gone online - the Old Bailey website in the UK. I entered my Irish
family names and came up with a lot of hits. The searchable database goes back
to the 1700s. Since many Irish went to the UK before coming to the US, I
was anxious to access it.

Fortunately, most ov my family names were witnesses or victims to the crimes
and not perpetrators. I didn't realize how many of Kehoes, Hickeys,
Kinsellas and Gauls were policamen in London during the 1700s and 1800s.

_http://www.oldbaileyonline.org.uk/_
(http://www.oldbaileyonline.org.uk/)

Maureen N

listings at AOL Autos.