From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Oak Forest Infirmary & St. Gabriel Cemetery
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

Years ago, when I called about a friend's relative who died at the sanitarium, he was buried in St. Gabriel's and I called Mt. Olivet and got the information. I think the records from Mt. Olivet are now at St. Casimir's? True?

Patti Meyers

Judith Mason <> wrote:
Marilyn...........the Cook County Potter's Field is/was Oak Forest Cemetery in Oak Forest, IL. Here's an interesting website http://www.graveyards.com/bin/grave?id=45

St. Gabriel was the Catholic Potter's Field adjacent to Oak Forest Cemetery. He's the info for this cemetery http://genealogytrails.com/ill/cook/cem/stgabriel_cem.html
Because St. Gabriel is a Catholic cemetery, you might call St. Casimir to question them about records. I believe all Catholic cemetery records are on computer and available at all locations.

I called Oak Forest Infirmary a number of years ago. All they could provide me was a death certificate for a James Mason who I could not verify to be my grandfather. No inmate or burial information. Here's a website for info http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/915.html

Please let the list know if you discover anything worthwhile.

Judie

Marilyn Shanahan wrote:
Judie:
Can you confirm for me, "where is potters field" Is it now called St.
Gabriel cemetery or Mt. Olivet cemetery? How can I access the records of an
uncle who is buried in "potters field"? Thank you very much.
Marilyn