From: Bill King <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] search engine
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:55:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Just saw a new search engine site at the Family History center in Naperville.
www.chicagoancestors.org
Under tools one can convert old street names and addresses to current ones.
Entering an address will bring up the name of churches near the address.
Under browse go down to yearbooks. A list of high schools will come up. By clicking on the school name, the years the book if any that are in the collection of Chicago History Museum will come up.
On search page enter a church name. It seems to take only one word such as Thomas. A list of the churches with the name will come up. By clicking on the church name, a list of the records that are in the Archdoocese archives will come up. The Family History Center in Naperville also has a complete collection. If anyone knows of other complete collections, I hope that they will share it with us. I also hope that others who visit the site will share their findings with all of us. Bill King

This thread: