From: Catherine Sherry <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Ryan from New Ross to Chicago
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:36:46 -0400

Maureen,

I don't know much other than what I stated. I believe that John T. Ryan was
born in the US in about 1881, but I don't know where. I do not know his
mother's or his father's name, although family lore has it that his father
was called "Pirie" or "Perry." Supposedly this Ryan line was from New Ross,
Cty Wexford.

No on Ellis Island or Castle Garden, as those records are too late for John
T. Ryan's parents to show up on them.

US Census: Only have John T. and his wife and children in Chicago in
1910-1930. In 1910 he and his wife are living with many of her Moone
siblings. He was born too late to be on the 1880 and of course there is no
1890. Don't have him on a 1900.

I am hoping that a church record, city directory, or the like might shed
some light on who his parents are.

Cathy