From: sarah toblesky <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] James/George FLEMING
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:34:14 -0500

Thank you for the interest in my Fleming family.
My James was married but I don't know the first name of his wife...I do know she was a 'Daly' not Scanlon. Also my James could not have died in 1942 since one of his sons, my greatgrandfather, john died in 1917 age of 72. Also the George you referred to does not have the same initial as mine. I'm sorry I don't believe these families are related. I sincerely appreciate your time and trouble. > From: > Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:14:16 -0400> To: ; ; > Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] James/George FLEMING> > > I apologize for the cross-posting but someone on one of these listings was > searching for information about a FLEMING family -- names included James and > George (and perhaps William) and having searched my old emails have been > unable to locate which list -- but the family's history involved both Limerick and > Chicago as I recall. The messages rang a little bell at the time, but I > couldn't place why the names were familiar and just found this item which I hope > will be a connection. The widow of James Fleming in the obit copied below > was my mother-in-law's cousin, Planxty SCANLAN FLEMING. I actually have a > letter written by Erin Samson, niece of James and Planxty Scanlan, to her > cousins, the family of the George FLEMING mentioned. Planxty died in 1948 -- I > have her obit, but it provides no survivor information apart from her brother, > Kickham SCANLAN, who was an Illinois Supreme Court Justice, so presumably > James and Planxty had no children. > 1942-04-05 > Chicago Tribune (IL) > FLEMING > Edition: Chicago Tribune > James P. Fleming, beloved husband of Planxty Scanlan Fleming, brother of > Arthur W., Ella May, and George J. Resting at funeral home, 2500 N. Cicero > avenue. Funeral Monday, 10 a.m. Interment Arlington. Member of local No. 143, I. > U. O. E. [school engineer], and McKinley camp, Spanish-American War Veterans. > Berkshire 8070. > Copyright 1942, Chicago Tribune. For permission to reprint, contact Chicago > Tribune. > Record Number: 19420405dn008> > Would love to hear from the poster of the original messages re their FLEMING > family to see if there's a connection.> > Beth Callanan> Washington, DC> > > > **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & > Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)>; > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message