From: sarah toblesky <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Church Records
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:59:57 -0500

Margaret I am fortunate to have an LDS library here in my small town. I left Illinois a long time ago. I also have spent a fortune renting church films. Their library has helped me get to where I am today especially when you consider I didn't have very much to start with. I even had special privileges from the current Bishop of County Limerick. When I told him I thought I might be related to Bishop George Butler, he told his archivist to help me in any way. Unfortuneately I didn't get much info. I haven't been able to tie Bishop Butler to my Mary Butler (dont know her parents, siblings, etc.). Although the Bishop was supposed to have lots of relatives (never determined to what degree they were related) who were Catholic priests. ONe was Thaddeus Butler and priest who served in the Civil War working out of Chicago. That was a dead end too. Oh well! Thank you for your thoughts. > > You can order the Archdiocesan records from you nearest LDS Family History > Center -- go to familysearch.org to find the nearest center and to the > Library/Library Catalog then search by subject Chicago Illinois>Church records -- > you will have to scroll through many pages (not alphabetical) to find the > church. Click on film notes to read what is on the film -- if there are any death > records (if there are, they are quite scant). With the film number, you are > ready to order the film. Takes 4-6 weeks to arrive and costs about $5.75 > for one month.> > Good luck> > Margaret McCarthy> > > > **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & > Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)>; > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message