From: sarah toblesky <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Catholic Churches-Deaths/Buriels
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:54:20 -0500

Diane: According to 1910 census John said he came to Illinois in 1850...he was just 5 years old. Did he come directly to Chicago..I don't know. What county did he come from...I don't know. His father, James Fleming, was listed on his death record. It was just identifed that his father was James Fleming from Ireland, and his mother was a 'Daly' first name unknown, also from Ireland. Where was Mary Butler Fleming born and when did she come to America...I don't know. We do know they probably met and married in Chicago..but don't hold me to that. I've gone back to County Limerick only because family lore said there was a Catholic Bishop in our line. George Butler was Bishop of County Limerick. Griffiths Valuation is no help to me cuz I have no info on James Fleming at all and without his wife's first name I;m helpless. Thanks for your time. > > Sally, > > If you are the patient sort, you could look for Fleming and Butler on the > Griffith's index for Limerick (failteromhat.com) and see what parishes they could > both be found in, then rent the film for the most likely from the LDS and > look for their baptisms or marriage. For example, I see lots of Flemings in > Abington parish and there's a Joseph Butler there, too. If John and Mary married in > Ireland, their families probably came from the same, if not adjoining, > parishes.> > Diane > > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message