From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Catholic Churches-Deaths/Buriels
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:46:17 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah~
Read your posting and noted that your g grandfather married a lady with the surname DALY. Now that is the maiden name of my g grandmother Honora nee DALY TOWNSEND. From what we can put together with Australian descendants of her older sister, they were from the townland of Smithstown (Smythstown) in the Civil Parish of Drumline Barony of Lower Bunratty. That area is now Shannon Airport. Her father was Thomas DALY a farmer and mother Margaret FITZPATRICK. You can contact me at
This is down the road from County Limerick. My g grandparents were married in Limerick City in 1862. It was a green and orange union, she Catholic and he Protestant.

Mary Ellen Chambers
Lakewood, OH