From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] old Chicago newspapers
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:04:07 -0700 (PDT)

I came across an old Chicago Tribune article from 1997 which I had saved, never knowing if I would ever need it. I thought I'd key in some of the details on a word document which might help others to locate information on obits and so forth. Some films of these newspapers can be found at the Harold Washington library (like the Inter-Ocean). Some films may be found through Springfield. And some of course are nowhere!

You can check with these institutions' catalogs to see what newspapers can be found there.

At any rate I'm copying it to this email. I thought of sending it as an attachment but some listers are wary of attachments (and rightly so). My apologies for the dates not lining up.

Patti Meyers
Westmont, IL

OLD CHICAGO NEWSPAPERS as of Chicago Tribune’s article of June 8, 1997

Democrat 1833-1861
Western Citizen 1842-1854
Journal 1844-1929
Chicago Tribune 1847-present