From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Quiet List/Westmeath
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:46:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi Cathy,
I think we kind of go in spurts. Someone will write a query or comment to the list and there will be a flurry of postings. Right now, I think we're kind of in a lull. I myself am in the middle of about 5 different projects, not counting getting my tax stuff together too!
I've actually been corresponding with someone from Athlone in the last few days, although it really has nothing to do with genealogy, just a common interest in an Irish singer we both like.
My family is from Co. Mayo ( FOY from Straide) and Co. Kerry (WALSH from Ballybunion) and most lived in or near Visitation Parish on the south side of Chicago.
Beth

Catherine Sherry <> wrote:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I look forward to reading the queries and
replies here, so I¹ve been disappointed to have so few in my mailbox. Of
course, it has been so cold here that one can barely type. Wish I could go
south too!

Anyone have family from Athlone, County Westmeath?

Cathy