From: "John Corrigan" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 3, Issue 80
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:03:59 -0600

The Decet Meminisse Fratrum "It is fitting to remember (our ) brothers" is
probably in the sacrasty of every Catholic church in the Chicago
Archdiocese. There is a page for every day of the year with the names of the
priests who died on that day. Probably the priest had to be in good standing
with the diocese when he died. When a priest dies, It would be the duty of
someone in the parish to update the book since the 1959 edition. (There was
an earlier compilation in 1936 or so by a Fr Epstein.) There is an
alphabetical index in the back of the book. I am unsure if an updated
edition has been published since 1959.

John Corrigan

This thread: