From: Fred Boland <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Birth Certificates
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:26:40 -0600

I was born at home (746 So. Kilbourne Ave. Chicago IL) during the flu
epidemic of 1918 and apparently my birth was not registered. When I
applied for a passport in 1979 I had to obtain a delayed birth
certificate by supplying an affidavit from my sister stating my age and
birthday, plus army service records and Baptismal certificate
(Presentation Church). It is hard to believe that as a child going
through school, etc., I did not need a birth certificate, so it is
possible my original was misfiled after being pulled to make copies.
Fred Boland BOLAND BRANNACK McMANIGAL FOLEY