From: Annette <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Michael O'Brien (Priest) - 1912 in chicago
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:16:16 -0600

Hi Michelle,

I had access to Ancestry.com today so I thought I'd look for Michael O'Brien. I found:

Reverend Michael O'Brien, Catholic Priest, Born in Ballina, Tipperary, 22 Nov 1861. His father's name was Martin, now dead. Michael was 58 years old, 5' 10-1/2", dark hair, dark complexion, straight nose, brown eyes, round face and round mouth. A picture is included on the application.

Michael immigrated to the U.S. 1 Oct 1885, and lived in Chicago uninterrupted 34 years, 6 months. He naturalized 5 March 1891 in the Superior Court in Chicago, Il.

Passport issue date was 1 June 1920, and travel began 3 July 1920 aboard the ship Columbia. He was travelling to Ireland to visit his mother.

Rev. O'Brien listed his place of residence at 2157 Humble (?) Blvd, Chicago. His witness was James Naghten, insurance man, who resided at 820 Lawrence Ave.

Hope this helps. If you can't find access to Ancestry, I can try to download the file next time I'm at the library, if it is possible, unless another lister is able to send the info to you sooner. Unfortunately the computer I was on did not have internet access.

Take care,

Annette