From: Annette <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Michael O'Brien (Priest) - 1912 in chicago
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:42:24 -0600

Michelle,

You mention that Michael's uncle traveled quite a bit to and from Ireland. Have you searched Ancestry.com's U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925 database? Some of the applications contain quite helpful information and even a photograph. You may find the uncle there.

Do you know Michael's uncle's name? Even if you have only the surname, you may still find him by checking the passport witness, parent names, etc, found on the passport. I recently found a Kavanagh relative on the database just by searching the surname. I knew she was somehow related because her passport witness was my great-aunt's husband. Once I discovered her, I searched the census lists, obituaries, etc, and was able to find many other extended family members through her. I also found my grandmother's cousin, and his photo, just by searching surnames. I identified him through his parents' names and his address of residence.

Annette
> > Michael's uncle is a bit of a mystery, as he paid for alot of the family - > both Crowe and O'Brien, to come out to the USA. He made alot of trips back > and forth, from Ireland to the USA. > >
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix".