From: "Michelle Leddin" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Michael O'Brien (Priest) - 1912 in chicago
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:25:27 +1100

Hi all,

I know a few of you have been waiting to hear about my O'Brien side of the
family, so here is a little start. We had two priests in the family an uncle
and nephew. At this stage we only know of Michael (b c1865), who was
definitely known to be in Chicago in 1912. We have relatives who settle in
Ohio and he was known to have stopped by to see them on his way to Chicago.

Michael's uncle is a bit of a mystery, as he paid for alot of the family -
both Crowe and O'Brien, to come out to the USA. He made alot of trips back
and forth, from Ireland to the USA. Michael's parents were Mary Crowe (b
c1830 Co Clare d 30 Jan 1924) and Michael O'Brien. They are both buried in
the Ballina Cemetery, in Tipperary. According to Michael snr's (b c1807 d 9
Oct 1881) tombstone, he was originally from Inchamore, Co Tipperary. The
uncle bought the property for Mary and Michael to live on and this is where
this family were born. (hope that is right...lol)

There is also a younger brother Timothy of whom we know little, even the
time of his going to the USA. Will send thru more details as I find them
again.

So here's hoping someone can find out a bit more for me on this lot. Many
thanks in advance.

Michelle
Australia

This thread: