From: "Sharon Kavanagh" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Murphy - McMahon - Conway
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:44:59 -0800

Well, there is a big difference (nationality!) between Mason and McMahon, I
would think. But it just goes to prove you never can bee too creative in
reading the old handwriting. I have seen plenty of instances in records from
the 1800's where S looked like F, and the other way around.

By the way, my husband's grandfather (Austrian) was Masen/Chicago. Any
connection possible with your Masons?
Sharon K.