From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Murphy - McMahon - Conway
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:40:41 -0800 (PST)

Listers,

In the IL Statewide Marriage Index there is an entry for Patrick Conway and Mrs. Catherine Mason married by a justice of the peace in Chicago on March 18, 1874. I thought I'd struck gold in finding a sister to my gr grandfather Matthew Mason. When I received the marriage certificate, Catherine's surname didn't look like Mason but I couldn't make out what it was so I went ahead with my research.

To make a long story short, I have completed a good part of the family tree for
Mrs. Catherine McMahon - (Michael)Murphy - (Patrick)Conway. Have Calvary records that include surnames McClorey, Garvey, O'Donnell, Minster and Smith along with some death certificates, census information and obituaries.

I someone belongs to this family, I will be more than happy to pass on what information I have.

Judie Mason
Chicago

This thread: