From: "Kathleen M. Klimek" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Sligo records online
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:29:40 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Thanks. Searching for James Gannon and family out of tobercurry, county sligo.

The entire family (with 8 or 10 kids) emigrated in 1887 - they went back I am told (but back where is the mystery? Back to the east coast? back to IRE?), Ggrandmother Julia, stayed here in Chicago and married my Ggrandfather. She was instrumental in getting St. Domitilla parish in Hillside started.

James Gannon's son - stayed back here in Chicago as well. His son's name was Bernard Gannon (married bridget henry) and was murdered in a high profile case here in Chicago. He was a teamster. The archives are on chicagotribune.com. I do know Bernard had several sons, one named Raymond? I know this line of Gannons are still in the area, but that is all I know.

I will have to see if I find anything in Sligo with these databases. Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen