From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ancestors from Newry Co Down
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:53:47 -0600

Anita,

Another late night owl! I was just about to shut down.
You didn't mention your grandmother's maiden name or married name.

Also, where did you find the the record of the daughter's birth in 1847.
(My mother grew up not too far from Newry and I think when to a Catholic
convent school, which I think was in Newry, for a few years
before her mother transferred
her to the National School.)

Are you subscribed to the nir-down board? You'll get a lot of help
there, too.
to subscribe
to browsehttp://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/NIR-DOWN/

I don't know much at all about the Darbyites except their founder was
an Episcopalian clergyman /lawyer named Darby and
they originated in England. He broke away from the Episcopal church
and founded his own church or movement.
You'll probably find a lot if you use google or some search engine.

Nan