From: "Kevin J. O'Keefe" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] O'Keefes Clare to Ontario
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:23:33 -0600

Hi Nan,( thanks to Judie)

I found much of my family history from two Ontario groups and connected with
a relation living in Dover Plains, New York. My ggrand-father Danial is his
ggrand-uncle, and his ggrand-mother Catherine is my ggrand-aunt. I gained
key information on many more family members and now have 2 excellent
pictures of Catherine. I also connected with other relatives in South
Dakota, Texas and Minnisota, ...all decendents of the siblings of Ann
Jane(McCabe). Danial O'Keefe, my ggf married Ann Jane.

When I read an 1889 obit of John O'Keefe, Danial's father and my gggf, I
found we were from Clare, but not exactly where....now I know we came from a
townsland called Lissofen just south of Tulla.

The Chicago connection has been solved as you know. Molly Kennedy sent me a
copy of the death cert and you sent me the 1910 census which fixed the time
frame. ....There is a Pittsburg lead to follow as a Michael O'Keefe is
mentioned as Danial's brother in his obit. I have to work of this one more.

My Mother, Teresa (Cooke) O'Keefe is from Curry, Co. Sligo, Ireland. She
emmigrated in 1952 to nurse in Lindsay. Mom and Dad were married at St.
Mary's in Lindsay, as most of our family were, however, I married a
Peterborough girl (Peterborough is 27 miles east of Lindsay) so we were
married in St. Peter's Cathedral in Peterborough.

I enjoy reading the irish-in-chicago happenings. It a happy group!

bye for now, Kevin