From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Missing Irish relatives --old newspaper notices
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:28:41 -0600

Hi Alice,

Irish Friends and Relatives is an Ancestry owned database
originally compiled by a Laura Murphy DeGrazia.

She transcribed notices that appeared in the "Irish-American" Ny paper
of Irish friends and relatives looking for other Irish friends and
relatives.
It is very useful genealogically because it gives the Irish origins,
county, parish, often place, family members and places in the US
"last heard of" etc. The Irish American began publication in 1849.

I found 99 with Chicago a connection and I will gradually be posting
to the list.

Another similar source for newspaper notices of missing relatives
is the Boston College Information Wanted site:
http://infowanted.bc.edu/
This site is FREE and it is a transcription "Missing Friends" column
that appeared in the Boston Pilot newspaper from 1831-1921.

Hope this helps.

Nan