From: "Michelle Leddin" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Crowe - O'Brien - Leddin research
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:37:35 +1100

Hi there all,

I have been sitting on the sidelines reading with great interest all of the
great stories and intriguing tales coming from all of you. I am glad that
everyone had a great time at the meeting...sounds like it was alot of fun.

My name is Michelle Leddin (nee Crowe) and I am chasing up any information I
can on the Crowes at this stage.

The first lot is : -

James Crowe (William , James , Patrick ) was born 4 Jun 1829 in
Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire.. He died 13 Jul 1916 and was buried in Bridgetown
Cemetery, Co. Clare.
James married Johanna Kelly. Johanna was born C. 1842 in Ire.. She died 24
Nov 1880 in Ire. and was buried in Bridgetown, Clare, Ire..

They had the following children:
1.) William Crowe was born 27 Nov 1861 in Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire.. He
died in Friend, Nebraska, U.S.A..

2.)Matthew (Matt) Crowe was born 30 Jan 1864 in Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire..
He died in Chicago, USA. Matthew married Margaret Unknown. Margaret was born
about 1880.
They had the following children:

Helen Mary Crowe was born 24 Dec 1904 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She died
Jul 1964 in New Orleans, Louisianna, USA. Helen married Robert Franklin.
Robert was born 8 Feb 1902. He died Apr 1987 in Yazoo, Mississipi, USA.

James Crowe

3.) Michael Crowe was born 26 Sep 1866 in Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire.. He
died 1948 in Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire.. Michael married Bridget Rogers
about 1902.
They had the following children:
Josephine (Josie) Crowe - Josephine married Matthew McKeogh.
James Crowe
Mary Crowe was born 1909 in Knockaderreen, Co. Clare. was buried 1998?
in Dublin, Eire.
Michael Crowe died 1976.
Brigid (Dell) Crowe
Nora Crowe was born 1913 in Knockaderreen, Co. Clare. She died after
1980.
Nora married John Dillon.

4.) James Crowe was born 2 Dec 1872 in Knockaderreen, Clare, Ire.. He died
in Chicago, U.S.A..
James married Margaret Unknown.
They had the following children:

1.)James Crowe (James , James , William , James , Patrick ) was born 14
Mar 1911 in Chicago, Illin. USA. He died Oct 1985 in Chicago, U.S.A.. James
married Loretta Clair. Loretta was born 5 Jan 1914. She died 17 Aug 2002.
They had the following children:
Margaret Mary Crowe - Margaret married Richard Bostedo.
Ann Delia Crowe - Ann married Jeffery Mack.
James Crowe - James married Teresa Rose Leahy

5.)William J. Crowe (James , James , William , James , Patrick ) was born
about 1913 in Chicago Illin. USA. He died 21 Jan 1984 in Chicago, U.S.A..
William married Elizabeth Molloy.
They had the following children:
William James Crowe - William married Joyce Weir.
Michael James Crowe - Michael married Yolanda . ??
Robert James Crowe - Robert married Rita McGowan.

6.)Margaret Crowe (James , James , William , James , Patrick ) was born
about 1916 in U.S.A.. She died Feb 1979 in Chicago, Illin.. Margaret married
John F Morley.
They had the following children:
John Francis Morley - John married Julia McGrenera.
James Francis Morley - James married Jean Lebel.
Kevin Francis Morley - Kevin married Betty Unknown.

Sorry I don't have anymore than that to give. I am hoping someone might be
able to fill in some of the blanks for me, if possible.

All the best from down under.
Michelle
Victoria

This thread: