Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] JOHN HICKEY Donohill Co Tipperary
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:26:57 -0500

Hi Nan,

Where did you find these notices? And, who are "Irish Friends and Relatives?" I guess it wasn't uncommon to lose track of relatives once they came to the U.S. I have an 1881 letter from an ancestor who describes losing track of 2 siblings once they came to America from Ireland. It never occurred to me to look for notices in the newspapers.

Thanks,
Alice