From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Co Clare research-- a superior model forgenealogy
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:08:43 -0600

> Please know that any information available for Co. Clare on the
> Clare Library site is available to any county.....you just have to
> find it.

Judy,

The basics are available (tithes, censes, etc) but certainly not ALL
of what is available on the Clare site is available for any other
county that I know of. Kerry and Down are very good. You are
certainly correct if you mean to say there is tremendous information,
online and locally "available" to the determined researcher. But
even the big repositories are still finding and collecting, and they
will be eternally.

I have two relatives who are serious local historians in Down and
they have found incredible information in dusty boxes in archives in
Dublin, Belfast, London and Durham, some of which were not catalogued
or inventoried. Nobody knew they were there.

> you just have to find it.

Well your glass is certainly not half empty!

Nan