From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] St Leo HS yearbooks online help for parishorigins
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:19:00 -0600

Hi Tom,

I found all three of my brothers, 66,68 and 74.
That was so much fun....I'd totally forgotten my one brother had been
called "Fast Eddie".

To this day I don't know if it was because he was very quick as a
quarterback,
or if it was an appellation from his afterschool activities at the
poolhall on Halsted St!

Speaking of the 79th St bus, a younger cousin of my mother's, in
65-67 a recent immigrant
from Co Down, was a new bus driver and was assigned to that 79th St
route.

He was so stressed by all of it, one day he parked the bus somewhere
on 79th st. got out and left!
With a bus full of kids! A week or two later on a Sunday we had a
goodbye dinner for him at our house,
by Monday or Tuesday he was on his way back to Castlewellan.....never
to return to the US!

Nan
P.S. Sounds like your oldest brother must have been a classmate of my
brother Ed.
Ed entered Leo Sept 64, graduated June 68.