Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McQuillan et al Chicago Irish ParishSurnames Interest.
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:57:39 -0500

Thanks, Nan, for all your work.?

You've given me a lot of places to begin w/ the Lavins.? How did you access the Elphin Diocese Census??

As for the Farrell being a relative, my Aunt Margaret McQuillan was married to a Farrell, but not the same family as my mother who was a Farrell and became a McQuillan. It seems so many of these names are common, it's hard to know if they are family or not.

As for Ann Daly, her father was Charles Lorraine Daly, City Clerk of Toronto.? I have some biographical info?that was published when he died.? I?found a marriage for a Charles Daly and Margaret McEvoy, for the right time, but not sure this would be the right couple.? He may have had 2 marriages from what I read.? But Ann Daly was definitely born in Ontario.

Thanks,
Ellen