From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] St Leo HS yearbooks online help for parishorigins
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:25:00 -0600

Hats off to St Leo Alumni.

They have done a terrific job on their webpage.
This is one of the best ever high school alumni pages I have ever seen.
And it is a work in progress.
http://www.leohsalumniassoc.com/home.htm

To view yearbooks, click on the "Your Class" link upper right corner
of the Home Page.
One of the benefits for genealogy research is that the parish of the
student is listed
in at least some of these yearbooks. This was helpful to me. I knew
of someone
who was a cousin, but couldn't remember what parish they were in and
didn't
have a address for the years I was searching. His Yearbook picture
listed
his grammar school, so I was able to continue my family search on
that line.

There is also a link to the Parish and to The History of St Leo the
Great Parish
and its origins as a mission church (St Anne's) on Garfield Blvd:
http://home.att.net/~stleo/slgschf.html

I didn't know that Mercy High School girls first met for class at St
Leo.

The elementary page is under construction.

If of interest to any of you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Nan

This thread: