From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] That Corrigan Man---our lunch at Irish Bistro
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:04:59 -0600

Dear Ellen,

I was personally very glad to meet you and happy that you attended
our lunch. And I really appreciate your feedback to the list on your
experience. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

And your comments, in giving such a warm and engaging picture of our
gathering, will serve to encourage and energize others of our list
members to join us at future events. Thank you for the pep talk and
boost, Ellen!

Very interesting about you and the other nurses at the luncheon…….now
there’s another wonderful and important Chicago Irish story----the
role of the Irish nurse, going all the way back to Mother McAuley

“As for John Corrigan, couldn't you just listen to him talk all day? “

Yes!

“ Watching him as he spoke, you just knew he had so many stories and
so much history at his disposal. “

Ellen you are so right, and I’m hoping that John’s meeting with us
and his reconnecting with Brian Donovan of IAHC at our lunch, will
inspire and motivate John to do more lecturing “around town” in the
Irish heritage circuit. Before I left I encouraged both of them to
think about doing this and maybe IAHC would be a suitable venue.
We’ll see.

I’m glad you had a great time and thanks for your part in making it a
great time.

All the best,
Nan