From: "Mary Kay" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Lunch at Mrs. Murphy's
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:20:35 -0600

Thank you for allowing a "foreigner" to invade Chicago and join the party at the Irish Bistro. The food was great, the service was superb, the company was congenial, and, most of all, John Corrigan's talk was entertaining and informative. Though I have no direct Chicago ancestry, I've been a fan of the city since my mother took me as a child every August to spend a week there. Only recently, I've decided I need to learn more about the city's history. I had read one of John Corrigan's articles in SCEAL, so I knew the trip would be worthwhile. I learned that there were many nineteenth century Chicago newspapers that I knew nothing about, and look forward to investigating some of them. His points about contradictory information and the need to compare different newspaper accounts of the same event were well taken. I look forward to his publications on-line and hopefully in book form.

Thanks again for letting me join the party,

Mary Kay Kuhfittig

This thread: