From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] General Records Office in Dublin
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:16:23 -0800 (PST)

I tried to forward a message to the list (please note I was not the author)and it was waiting for admin approval. Probably because it was a forwarded message - at least that's what I would imagine would be the reason for the delay. Although it does not pertain directly to Chicago research, it would be useful information to those of us trying to trace our Irish- born ancestors. Which raises a question - just out of curiosity - Is there an administrator for this list? I'm on so many that I lose track !

Beth

Anyway, I cancelled it and rewrote this message and here's the text below:

Anybody planning a visit to the General Records Office in Dublin
should note that it's moved from Joyce House, Lombard Street East , as
I discovered yesterday afte a long walk in the rain! It's now in very
smart new offices not far from O'Connell Street :

Floor 3, Block 7
Irish Life Centre
Lower Abbey Street
Dublin