Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Declarations of Intention
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:30:11 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2008 2:06:12 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

Why are they only indexing 1900's declarations? Is that because there is
more information included or because that is when the Circuit Courts took
jurisdiction? Our Chicago folks came in the mid 1800's -- we could really
use the
town/county data on them too.

Margaret McCarthy

Margaret,

Naturalization petitions, naturalization records for Cook County are
available from IRAD at the Northeastern Illinois University location. The records
can be requested by phone or mail. The dates they have vary. The website
address containing available dates:
_http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/irad.pdf_
(http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/irad.pdf)

Maureen N