From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] divorce records cook county
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:36:47 -0800 (PST)

Not easy to answer this one! Yes, the index is chronological and alphabetical, sorta! Because of the indexing system used, for an "A" surname, one must look through the entire "A" index. Sometimes it's a detailed alpa list, sometimes not.

Judie

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
That's a good question, Joyce.

Is the index completely chronological? by year and by date within year?
Or alpha within year?

Nan