From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Declarations of Intention
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:25:50 -0800 (PST)

I think before 1906 people could go to any local court.

And Chicago would only have records since the Fire. I have no idea where those records would be stored....does anyone on the list know?

I've never looked into Chicago naturalizations. I'm sure I'm going to learn quite a bit about them tho. The 1906 and after records are more informative. The naturalizations of my g'grandfathers showed little information prior to 1900 in their respective counties.

Patti