From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Flood
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:47:19 -0600

Çarmen,

When the British outlawed the Irish language and all Irish names were
anglicized
McTuille, McTully became Flood! Tuile or something close to that is
the Irish word for flood.
The Flood surname is most common in Meath, Cavan and of course Dublin.

That might be a fun conversation and learning experience---on list--
Not, what IS your name, but what WAS your name?!

Anybody interested?

Nan