From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Obituary Index for Suburban Life and the DoingsNewspapers
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:53:53 -0800 (PST)

Well, here's what I am working on.
I have been indexing the obituaries/death notices from the Suburban Life and The Doings newspapers which cover the western suburbs. At the moment the index only covers the time period from 2003 to the present, but it is a work in progress, when I can work on it! Here is the address:
http://www.fordlibrary.org/obits/
Right now, the index does not include the birth announcements, weddings and anniversaries and memorial announcements, however I have been keeping an index myself at home of those. If they ever make up a database for me to enter those, they're ready to roll !

Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Patti's report on her joining the naturalization records transcription
project at Cook County (Circuit Court?) reminded me that others
on this list are making contributions to various projects that are
of genealogy interest to all of us. (Maureen-archdiocese, Diane-
Civil registration, etc)

I encourage any of you who are participating in any project
to give us the benefit of your knowlege and experience.

Even if not involved but you know of a current ongoing project,
please post the information to the list.

Knowing what's going on in local archives is always of value to us.

Many thanks,

Nan

If possible, please name the project in your subject line.