From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Colleen Flood
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:37:40 -0800 (PST)

Colleen,
Have you tried obtaining the divorce decree and the supplementary paperwork from the case? I got one from 1878 and it was amazing what all was included. This was quite a few years ago though, so I'm not sure what the procedure would be today. I actually looked thru the giant sized ledgers that were just inside the door in the Circuit Court office to get the case number - but I think there is a totally different procedure now - that was in 1983!
Also, do you have your father's birth certificate (if there was one filed)?

Beth

Colleen Flood <> wrote:
Vivian Flood doesn't ring a bell for me. I'm originally from the south side 31st and Canal When my parents divorced I was 9 years old and my Mother took all six of us kids to live on the North side where I've remained for my 63 years.

My Grand Father that I've been trying to look for information on is
Thomas Michael Flood
Once married to our Grand Mother Della ( Delia) T. Fox she is from Carnmore in Galway Ireland

He is also from Ireland but we don't know where.
His last known address was 361 W. Superior. That was before they divorced in 1915 His line of work was excavating
There is an excavator on North Kedzie with the name of Flood but when I requested any information from him he just said he wasn't related to us.

So that's as much as I know after he and my Grand Mother divorced I know he lived in Chicago but I don't know where

My Father is Thomas Joseph Flood Birth May 1903 died 1980

Colleen

This thread: