From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook County volunteer program
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:27:33 -0800 (PST)

Oh gosh Pat that would be super!
My grandfather Edmu/o/nd (Edward) Walsh left Queenstown in about 1906. I know he was enumerated in Ireland in the 1901 census and was living in Chicago by 1910. He possibly may have been traveling with his brother Patrick. They were from Farranpiers/c/e, Ballybunion, Co. Kerry and were going to Chicago. He was born May 25 1880 and baptized May 27 1880 in Killehenney parish, Ballybunion, so he would have been about 25 when he emigrated from Ireland. Patrick was a year or so older. They were living with their sister Bridget and her husband Patrick O'Connor at 5530 S Aberdeen in the 1910 census.
I did go down there to try to find him once using the index they had and actually got to look at one of the big old registration books, but the one I found was the wrong Walsh.
If they won't let you, no problem, I'll just bide my time until the indexing is done. But if they do...................................
Thank you Thank you! Did I say Thank you?????!!!!!!!

Beth

patricia meyers <> wrote:
I'm hoping to find my grandfather's Declaration...I don't know if he filed one...he was naturalized but....who knows? He was naturalized in 1907....so I would think I could find something...

Do you have any idea when your grandfather might have filed? I could see if it would be okay to check it out. We signed a confidentiality statement and all that sort of stuff, so I'm not sure if looking this stuff up for personal reasons would meet with their approval. And of course if it does, I will let you know. I also don't know if I would have access to previously entered Declarations. They're working on 1917 right now....so if you can give me an approximate year or something to go on I will see what I can do about it.

Pat

This thread: