From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Indenturement
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:55:19 -0600

Cathy,

I keep running in to references to these two books, so maybe I'm
supposed to pass them on to you:

Cmiel, Kenneth. A Home of Another Kind: One Chicago Orphanage and the
Tangle of Child Welfare. 1995.
McCausland, Clare L. Children of Circumstance: A History of the First
125 Years of the Chicago Child Care Society. 1976.

Nan