From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Sorry for the confusion
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:42:11 -0600

HI everybody----looking forward to seeing those of you who will be
attending our Jan 20 lunch.

Maureen has pointed out to me that she thought there was may be some
confusion
among our listers about who was “co-coordinating” the Jan 20 luncheon.

I am! With your enthusiastic input and responses! Thank you!

Maureen “took the hat” for our first two meetings,
making the reservations at Bennigans and the Art Institute and
encouraging a conversation about topics for discussions.. IAHC was
high on my list of venues from the time of our first meeting. Jack
Clerkin and I and Maureen assisted Brian Donovan in co-coordinating
his great tour and talk at IAHÇ. And Elaine did that great write up
afterwards. The hat passed to me for this one and I’m hoping passes
to Kathy and/or Beth for a proposed OLL meeting in the spring. Beth
may also co-ordinate a Mount Olivet cemetery walk that has been
suggested by John Corrigan. More on both these events soon….now back
to this one:

After the joy of “finding” John Corrigan, I invited John and he was
very receptive to meeting us and talking to us about his research.

I also invited Brian Donovan from the Irish American Heritage Center
to join us and I’m so happy they both will be there. Little did I
know when I contacted Brian, that he was old friends with John from
the Chicago Irish heritage community. After we whittled down our
list of restaurants to Murphy’s I have made arrangements with the
manager and continue to work out details with her. I’ll be posting
final details again before the 20th.
That will include parking, handling the bill, and some other details.

If you see that I have overlooked something, please tell me so.
If possible, please do it onlist, someone else may have your same
question or concern.

Thanks to all who have sent in your RSVPs to the list.
It’s not too late…… if you’re still thinking of joining us.
But soon please. You can respond onlist.

I think we are all going to have a really good time.

Best to all………Nan

Many thanks to Annette Oehler who got us all going looking for “that
Corrigan man”!
And behind the scenes, thanks to Tom Cooke and Kathy O’Leary for
alerting John to the fact that he was the subject of a hunt! I only
wish Tom and Kathy (who some of you met at our IAHC event) would be
joining us. Kathy O’Leary of the OLL is an “old timer” in the Chicago
Irish heritage community, and colleague and friend for ions of both
John and Brian.

This thread: