From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Colleen Flood and her elusive grandfather
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:08:11 -0800 (PST)

Colleen,
Nan beat me to the punch on that one! I was just going to reply that if you did give us a bit of info on your grandfather, we could pool our collective brains and resources and see what we may be able to come up with and at least get you pointed in the right direction.
Hopefully you will be able to join us for an upcoming get-together.
We all pretty much work together and try and come up with a mutually acceptable date that works for us. We've been meeting on Sundays, I don't know how that day works for you. Sometimes some days are more problematic than others for some people, so we welcome your input to the group.
We look forward to hearing more from you and hopefully meeting!

Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Colleen,

I am so sorry you'll miss this our lunch on Jan 20.
I hope you can make the next one.

But you don't have to wait to get started on your family search.
Please give us a little more information on your grandfather.
What was his full name? Dates or approximate dates of birth and death?
Any old addresses? What was your grandmother's name?
Her Given name and maiden name?
Did she live in Chicago? Is she still alive?
Did Grandfather Flood have any siblings? Where and when do your
Floods arrive in the US?
Who else are you looking for?

Tell us as much as you can, this list is full of helpful, resourceful
people.

Thanks for joining us onlist!

This thread: