From: "Michele Houchens" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Kehoe & Smith in Chicago
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:12:41 -0600

Thanks I'll make note of it. All I know for sure is that Mary Kehoe
married James Charles Smith in 1892 at St. Malachy's. All of their
children were baptized there. According to the 1900 Census - she came from
Ireland at age 2 in 1872. He was born in 1860 in WI. I have tracked a
James Charles Smith whose information matches what I know of mine to San
Antonio Tx. Where he lived with his brother until he died. I can't find
Mary (for sure) after the 1900 census. There are a few Mary Smiths in
Chicago! I can't find her for sure in the 1880 census either, times like
this I would do anything for a peek at the 1890 census!!

Thanks!

Michele Roberts Houchens
Three Rivers Public Library
Local History Collection