From: amdo <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook and Lake County Catholic Cemetery Kiosks
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 19:37:54 -0600

I was thrilled to read Bonnie's post last August regarding cemetery kiosks, and am looking forward to trying one out myself. As I was searching the internet on this topic today, I found a link that discusses locations and use of the kiosks. This web site was last up-dated in 2005, so some of the information the author provides may have changed since then. For example, the cemetery database may now be more complete, with more sections added, than it was when he used it.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~itappcnc/pipcnarticle3.htm

I also found this little description of a kiosk by someone who has used one:

Ancestry.com - Ancestry Daily News 28 June 2005
Chicago Catholic CemeteriesThe worker at All Saints cemetery in Des Plaines was a godsend. He told us that the archdiocese was putting a kiosk in at different catholic cemeteries in Chicago. These computers will print out where your loved-one is buried, with a little map to help you find the grave. We used this Kiosk at Queen of Heaven cemetery to find someone at Mt. Carmel and I now have a nice printout to put in my family book.

Hope to make it to the January 20 luncheon!

Annette