From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fwd: Indexing project Irish Civil Registrationrecords: Births (1864-1883) and Deaths (1864-1884). Marriages(1868-1892)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:54:03 -0600

Irish in Chicago LIsters:

Important news from Brian Donovan regarding Irish Civil registration
indexing .
I'm going to try to contribute to this project. Many some of you can
help?
I think it may be best for some of us to contact Cyndy and be part of
the Wilmette group.

Nan

Thanks Brian.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Brian Donovan" <>
> Date: January 1, 2008 5:43:15 PM CST
> Subject: Indexing project Irish Civil Registration records: Births
> (1864-1883) and Deaths (1864-1884). Marriages (1868-1892)
>
> ** High Priority **
>
> The LDS are presently indexing info from the Irish Civil
> Registration records: Births (1864-1883) and Deaths (1864-1884).
> Marriages (1868-1892) will be available for indexing soon. They
> are looking for volunteers to assist with this task. Most of the
> indexes are typed and some are handwritten. One would get a batch
> of 375 entries and have 7 days to complete it. You can download
> the batch, work off line and then upload the work that you have
> done to the server. If you aren't able to complete the batch, the
> server will save the work that you did.
>
> If anyone is interested in helping with this project, please
> contact Cyndy at
> 847-251-9818. This is the phone number for the Wilmette Family
> History Center; the number rings at Cyndy's home while renovations
> are being done at the church.
>
> Following is some info that Cyndy sent:
>
> Here are a few links:
> http://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/index.jsp
> (main page for Family Search Indexing)
>
> http://www.familysearchindexing.org/fsi-admin/navctrl.jsf?
> pname=currentProjects
> current projects -- scroll down to Irish Births or Irish Deaths and
> click on the link)
>
> Volunteers can register at the site or if they'd like to be part of
> the Wilmette Stake indexing group, then I (Cyndy) can register
> them. The advantage to being part of the Stake group is that they
> can email me with questions and I can help them find answers. And
> one of these days, we might have a get-together with good food and
> conversation. <smile> I also have the program on a CD if anyone
> has trouble with the downloadable version.

This thread: