From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Murphys January 20th confirmation
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:07:51 -0600

Murphy's Irish Bistro has confirmed a reservation for us for Jan 20 @
12 Noon.

(My husband took the call today and they will be calling me back
later in the week
but the manager also sent an email confirmation.)

If we select Murphy's we can give them a head count closer to the date.
If we select somewhere else, I'll cancel in a timely manner.
My husband and I are going to try to go there for brunch/lunch on
Jan 5th or 6th and I'll let you know about our experience.

Kathleen, I didn't mean we would have a totally private room.
They do have totally private rooms ( I think upstairs),
but there is a $200.00 fee for private meeting rooms.

The small room downstairs, the Nautical Room, would be perfect for us,
but even a section of the Elizabeth room or the Al Capone room looks
very suitable, too.

Can anyone give us any feedback on O'Neill's?
The reviews on O'Neill's brunch are excellent and the parking is free.
My only question is the noise level. Tables are very close together
there.
And do they play music at brunch?

Anywhere else?

Nan

Kathleen, (of Gaelic Park!) thanks for the addition of Peggy Kinane's
to our Irish Restaurant list.
Is that anywhere near the Arlington Library? I understand AL has a very
good genealogy section and program.......possible future event for us?
We've talked about Gaelic Park for the spring or summer, I hope
we can do that this year.