From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Murphy's January 20 lunch
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:05:18 -0600

Thanks for the welcome feedback on Murphy's Irish Bistro, Ruth.

This would be my choice, although I hope to here more feedback from
the group,
on this and others, especially on Chief O'Niell's too.

Murphy's seems to be a great restaurant, reviews are superior and it
was voted
one of the best new restaurants in Chicago when it opened a couple of
years back.

They have a small room that would probably be perfect for us, but the
other rooms would work, too.
The other rooms have very comfortable space and tables can be put
together for us.
You will see what I mean by taking the tour here:http://
irishbistro.com/backupoldsite/tour/index.htm

As far as location, I think John Corrigan could probably walk here!
Parking is valet or street parking, but we usually are able to find
street parking up there,
unlike Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Downtown, Near North etc.

For an upscale restaurant, their prices for Sunday brunch are very
reasonable.
Take a look at the brunch menu here: http://www.irishbistro.com/
Click on Menu, then Brunch.

Their website gives excellent directions for getting there whether
you are driving or using public transit,
and wherever you are coming from. If you are driving from the south
or southwest suburbs,
this is probably easier to navigate then downtown, Near North,
Lincoln Park, etc. You would exit 90 at Irving
Park and come west a relatively short way---or if you prefer Lake
Shore Dr you would still exit at Irving
and go east about two mile or less. Travelwise, this would be a
similar route, but somewhat shorter distance (for south and s/w siders)
than our Oct IAHC meeting.

My feeling is Murphy's Irish Bistro would be an excellent choice.
I've already emailed them for a reservation
for 10-15 people, for Jan 20 at 12Noon, so we can hold it if this
turns out to be our choice,
and it's easy to cancel if we select somewhere else.

But as I said, I hope there will be more feedback on other
restaurants that appeal to you.
And don't feel you have to limit yourselves to ones that have been
suggested.....you may have a better idea.

As to Bennigans!! Sorry, Elaine, please don't take offense, I DON'T
want to go there!
I couldn't hear, it was so noisy even though we had a private booth.
It also felt cramped and the food was mediocre.
We did have a very nice server, though!

We have a date and time certain, Jan 20 Noon, so, there's no reason
to cut off this discussion on Jan 3.
If any of you have a place you like, or would like to try, please
bring it to our attention. Also,
make a reservation for us, you can cancel later.

Is there anyone out there who would like to attend this meeting, but
you haven't planned to join us because of
transportation issues or difficulties? Please post to the list.
Maybe one of us can pick you up or meet you
at a bus or train. Let us know where you are and what your
transportation needs are. We'd like you to join us.

And be sure and take a look at John's website if you haven't already:
http://scealchicago.com/home.htm

Nan

P.S. I have invited Brian Donovan to join us, I don't know yet if he
will be able to attend.

Mapquest for Murphy's:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?
searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=3905+
N.+Lincoln+Avenue&city=Chicago&state=IL&zipcode=