From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Journal of the Westport Historical Society 2008
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:51:53 -0800 (PST)

Just to let members know the 2008 addition of the Journal of the Westport Historical Society is out. The cost is 10 Euros. The following articles are listed.

Holy War at Aasleagh 1851-1894, Michael MCGINTY

Murrisk Friary: A Late Medieval House of the Austin Friars Yvonne MCDERMOTT

Western Folklore in Modern Ballads? Alf MACLOUGHLIN

Some Unusual Piscinae of Ballintubber Abby and Elsewhere Jim HIGGINS

1798 and 1922 - Folklore Echo Jim HIGGINS

The Round Tower in Aughagower Suzette HUGHES

A Young Man's War Gerardine CUSACK

Irish Postal History - Part I Richard JOYCE

Eric Cross Sonia KELLY

Seamus Murphy Eric CROSS

An Irish Hero in the Great American West Mary Ellen CHAMBERS

The Westport Estate Papers Bridgid CLESHAM

SS Clew Bay J.G. ANKETELL

Marconi's Irish Wireless Station and the OTHER American Connection
Gerry BRACKEN

The Local Security Forces in Westport 1940-1945 Vincent KEANE

Voter's List Prepared for Election to Grattan's Parleiment in 1783 from the Estate of the Earl of Altamont John MAYOCK

An Outline History of the Town of Westport - Part I Peadar O'FLANNAGAIN, BA

An Outline History of the Town of Westport - Part II Peadar O'FLANNAGAIN, BA

Lord Sligo's Visit to Mycenae Aiden CLARKE

Important Find Near Louisburgh
Recent Publications
Appreciations
Our patrons
Friends of Clew Bay Heritage Center
Westport Historical Society Proceedings.

You can get a copy for 10 Euros plus postage and packaging, The address is
CLEW BAY HERITAGE CENTER
THE QUAY
WESTPORT, CO. MAYO IRELAND

Phone: 098-26852