From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Col John F Finerty obit 1908
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:35:55 -0600

Irish patriot and founder of the Chicago Citizen.

Chicago Tribune
June 11 1908

FINERTYCOL JOHN F FINERTY
at his residence, 3562 Grand Blvd., June 10, 1908
Funeral Friday June 12, 1908. All members of the
United Irish Societies of Chicago are ordered to assemble
at 9 o'clock sharp at the residence.
L.R. BUCKLEY, President
JOHN J HANKINS, Sec United Irish Societies
All members of the ANCIENT ORDER of HIBERNIANS
of Cook County are requested to meet at the residence
of the late COL JOHN F Finerty, 3562 Grand Blvd
Friday, June 12, at 9o'clock sharp.
W.J. DOHERTY, Pres, County Board

FINERTY John F. Finerty, at his residence,
3562 Grand Blvd. All officers and members of
the AOH in Cook County who possibly can do so
are requested to attend the funeral of our deceased
brother, Friday June 12, 9am, and meet at 35th
and Grand Blvd at that hour. By order of the
executive committee.
W.J. DOHERTY, County Pres
B.W. BOLGER County Secretary

FINERTY, John F., June 10, 1908
beloved husband of Sadie I., and father of
John F.Jr and Vera Constance. Funeral Friday.
Service by US Grant post no 28 at 930am at
late residence, 3562 Grand Blvd., thence to
Holy Angel's church, where high mass will
be celebrated at 1030am; by carriage to
Calvary. Please omit flowers.

This thread: