From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] keegan surname
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 23:43:29 -0600

Hello Patrick,

Have you already look at Griffiths for Mostrim Parish?
I take it Edgeworth was The Big Guy in the Big House!

Griffith's has only three KEEGANs in the Parish of Mostrim
Patrick Keegan on Main St in Edgeworthstown (Dec 1854).
Patrick Keegan in the townland of Lackan (lessor Chas S Edgeworth)
(Dec 1854)
Mary Keegan in Lackan (lessor Chas S Edgeworth) (Dec 1854)

Have you ruled out Patrick as father of Daniel?

There were only 4 DOLANS in the Parish of Mostrim in Griffiths.
Only one of them was in Edgeworthstown, James Dolan.(1854)
So he would have been a neighbor of Patrick Keegan.

Nan

On Dec 6, 2007, at 11:11 PM, Patrick wrote:

> Hi Nan,
>
> I did indeed list the surname Keegan from Edgeworthstown area of Co.
> Longford. Thomas Ghee married Mary Ann Keegan circa 1880. Mary
> Ann's parents
> were Danial and Ellen Dolan Keegan. Never have been able to get
> farther back
> than that.
>
> PJH

This thread: